Problem with installation

May 31, 2009 at 8:02 PM
Edited May 31, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Hi Radim,

First of all I read your posts on codeproject and imidiatelly set to learn more of MVC framework which looks very promissing, so thanks for making it a bit less complex to understand why to use it. :)

Then I started downloading install files for Catharsii fw and got some problems right away. I hope that you can find some quick fix so I can learn more about MVC and your framework.

I should mention that I tried both msi file and install from source code with same result.

Error is following:

Error 1001. Unable to get installer types in the I:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies\ProjectBase.GuidanceInstaller.dll assembly -->

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve toe LoaderExceptions property for more information.

My system info is:

- Windows Vista Ultimate - Service Pack 1

- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1

- MVC 1.0 installed

- GuidanceAutomationExtensions installed

- My system drive is I 

I also checked the exact folder and I can see the dll assembly file that install is complaining about, so go figure.

Hope that you can figure it out.

Chears

Goran

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009 at 5:56 AM

Hi Goran

I am sad to say: strange! :( I've never met similar message :(

Currently we are testing Catharsis on OS: Win xp, Win Server 2003 (both for development)

Few months ago I did test it on the Vista also and I guess it was working...

Any how try this:

1) Uninstall (if it is installed) in this order:

ProjectBase.GuidanceSetup.msi

GuidanceAutomationToolkitForVS2008.msi

GuidanceAutomationExtensions.exe

2) if there was some troubles - try to remove remaining rows from register. Once I had to do it also ( I was playing too much, and system started to be angry :)

3) Open VS Studion command line (e.g. Start / Programs / VS / Command line )

and run:

devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs

This will "repair the VS"

4) Install GAE

5) Install Guidance

It should work.If not, I am sorry. And if'll find the solution, please, let us know.

Enjoy Catharsis and MVC

Radim Köhler

Jun 8, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

Same thing has occurred with me as with goranka when I attempt to instll Cartharsis. I have attempted you solution but to to effect.

Daniel

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Hi Daniel

Sad to see your massage. Again, if you'll find out, where is the problem, let us inform.

Goranka told that his Windows drive is not C: I am not sure if this could be the reason. I was running it on WinXP with the system drive G: and it was working.

We've currently tested the latest version 1.2 on Win XP, Win Server 2003. But not on Vista (you are forcing me to install it and to try to find solution :), but I cannot promise ...)

Have a nice day

Radim Köhler

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Hi,

At least I have pointed out a problem.

When I have some time I will try to resolve it myself or I will get a Windows XP VM and use that.

But thanks for any help you can give.

Daniel C. Doran

tel : 07980894462

Email : danield@pizzazzsystems.demon.co.uk

Sent: 09 June 2009 13:01
To: danield@pizzazzsystems.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: Problem with installation [Catharsis:58021]

Hi Daniel

Sad to see your massage. Again, if you'll find out, where is the problem, let us inform.

Goranka told that his Windows drive is not C: I am not sure if this could be the reason. I was running it on WinXP with the system drive G: and it was working.

We've currently tested the latest version 1.2 on Win XP, Win Server 2003. But not on Vista (you are forcing me to install it and to try to find solution :), but I cannot promise ...)

Have a nice day

Radim Köhler

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Catharsis@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Catharsis@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Hi Radim,

I tried the install again on Vista.

The install works.

I am using the Guidance Automation Extensions Feb 2008 release , http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=DF79C099-4753-4A59-91E3-5020D9714E4E&displaylang=en ,

And Catharsis 1.2 (VS08 SP1 C# VB.Net GAE ) here http://catharsis.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=28510#DownloadId=71072

Now I have to get it compiled and running . I have seen the earlier post on problems.

Daniel C. Doran

tel : 07980894462

Email : danield@pizzazzsystems.demon.co.uk

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Hi Daniel

Tremendous! Thanks for getting us feedback! I do appreciate it very much!

THANKS

Have a nice day

and DO Enjoy Catharsis

Radim Köhler