One to Many, Many to Many Relations

Feb 9, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Hello Radim,

I have tried to play with a platform, and founded that Catharsis is good for simple model editing.
But real objects could contains more  complex structure. Which i have tried to reproduce.
example:
      we have [order entity] and [customer entity] which related with each others.
      order has field [customer]  and customer has [orders] list.

so, i can expand current detail controls  to show data (table structure when it list, simple text when it one entity)
but also i want to have modal dialog, from where i can search select one or multiple items,
and result should be save into the database (into the entity list or one entity item).

so i have tried to "code" this too, but there a lot of functionality i have "code" and i see that only 40-50% of results.

Maybe i am thinking in wrong way? Maybe there is the simple way to organize: search view , search result list view,
which could be simple using by "url helper".

maybe that one (controller method): SearchForResults(TID? id)

regards, anatoliy

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hi, Anatoliy

Well, the most sad thing is, that I do not have enough time to create some documentation. And some example. (It could change soon)

Becuase your issue is: "The most general scenario" for which is Catharsis designed to.

At this moment, I have to ask you: observe, or try it your-self - and give me some time. I do plan to create more examples, and to descirbe the built-in stuff in more detail.

If you will spend some time by observing the "AnchorOrSearchForWC" web control, implement few Actions on controller to process returned entities (and if you'll succeed finally)... you will find out, that it is very easy to append many to one...

Sorry, for that answer. I am sure it will change soon.

Enjoy Catharsis

Radim Köhler

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Thanks Radim, i will look on "AnchorOrSearchForWC" functionality.