Catharsis 0.9.8 - ASP.NET MVC RC1 & NHibernate 2.0.1
The best-practices gathering web application frameworksmaller extensions of the Guidance 'run-time recipes' can follow in next daysversion 0.9.8 fixes bugs from BaseFacade 0.9.5 - upgrade is MUSTbasic SQL Scripts changed!
- Catharsis Architecture is fundamentally OOP
- Contains TreeView - (First) 100% MVC WebControl
- Provides direct built-in Export to Excel for every entity
- Navigation is managed in one simple Menu.Config xml file. New, simple more granular settings for access rights.
- Menu.Config xml file (same as for navigation) provides Access-rights settings
- Contains ASP.NET MVC RC1 (no need to install)
- NHiberante build 2.0.1 Included (no need to install)
- Fixed crucial Bug on BaseFacade (incorrect event handler causing the run out of memory )
- ASP.NET ResourceProvider implemented (ResourceManager.GetLocalize() serves also for Global and Local Resources)
- Now implemented - Log4NET available on any object in the application this.Log(). No wrapping, direct access to Log4Net full power.
- Now implemented - External RoleProvider support. Mark your RoleProvider as default, and CommonProvider will use it interface to provide IAppRoleProvider functionality - easy to use
- Now implemented - NHibernate SysCache built-in support
- easy & powerful -HyperLinks strong support. Every entity nested in another is directly accessible - with hyperlink. User can quickly navigate.
- easy & powerful -Browser Back button support for all actions
- easy & powerful -Built in ReadOnly switch (Set controller as readonly in Menu.config for some role - NO write action will be available).
- DAO Factory will automatically recyle when DB shortly breaks down
- Guidance creates: Complete Web Solution on-one-click
- Guidance creates: Entity infrastructure at one run (Entity, Data, Business, Model, Controller, View, Test)
- Guidance creates: Entity's infrastructure without MVC at one run (Entity, Data, Business, Test)
- Guidance creates: CodeList infrastructure at one run (Entity, Data, Business, Model, Controller, View, Test)
- Guidance creates: MVC for not-entity handling e.g. Reports, Documentation (Model, Controller, View,)
- New extension methods for object .Is() and .IsNull() (no more 'entity != null')
- Messages collection introduced (replacing ErrorData) with Error, Warning and Information states
- Translator provides sorting on translated-phrases, also searching
- UI Layout improved (TreeView as navigation, Quick actions as Icons)
- Master page reorganized to parts and their smart but small web controls
- Strong support for KEY shortcuts (Almost every action can be ran as ShiftAltF = find/search)
- Paging is essence of performance - every entity is by default displayed as a list - max rows == 20
- Paging miracle on detail level. User's can navigate to Next or Previous entity
- CodeLists extended with IsVisible attribute, which is applied on the GetAll() method (source for comboboxes
- Direct built-in support for Files uploading (any Content-Type) and quick download (based on contentType browser can decide who will open)
- Every entity Derives from base class: Add, Update, Select, Delete
- Entity displayed in the List can be sorted by any property (e.g. Subject.Address.City)
- Override one method ListToExcel() and you can gain direct export to excel for every entity
- Constants placed in Str class reorganized. Every entity should use Str.Business.Entity constants
- Base classes moved from project to the ProjectBase
- Base Models now contains other Models (Composition) e.g. TreeViewModel, ListModel, MasterModel ...
- Two controllers bases - Entity (for Persistent and Tracked entities) and Web (form MVC like Reports, Documentation)
part I: [url:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/applications/Catharsis.aspx