Problem after install

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Hi everybody,

I've compiled catharsis, setup database, config connection string setting in web.config, but when I browse the default page (in localhost, visual studio 2008 build-in web server), the page has been loaded with error message like this:

NoAccess!!! User: PHOENIX-SEVER\hungxalo, has not been granted to the Home's action: 'Index'

"PHOENIX-SERVER\hungxalo" is my user account in my computer (xp sp2).

I dont know how to fix that problem, please help!!!

Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Hi Hungxalo

Solution is (luckily) very simple.

Please open the table 'ServicesUser' and change the

Login column from the value 'LOGIN'  --> 'HUNGXALO' (upper lower does not matter)

The Catharsis built in authorization will take your (domain-less) login (in your case 'hungxalo') and ask the Business IUserFacade if such a User has any right (role). If you've changed the first row of the table ServiceUser to your login (hungxalo), you will be from that moment granted as Administrator, Viewer, RegisterdUser.

If anything, do not hesitate and ask or  let me note, suggestion ...

Enjoy Catharsis

Radim Köhler

Dec 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Thanks Radmin,

Another question, how can I add new user? and how to authenticate them?

Sorry about my English :)

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hi Hungxalo

The basic implementation of the Catharsis framework is based on Windows authentication.

But you can - standard way - change your authentication and authorization providers (in web.config roleProvider or Membershipprovider etc.)

If the Windows authentication is good enough for you (in intranet worlds) then adding new users is very simple.

- Run the application
- Select 'User' menu item in the left TreeView (Administration section) and
- Create new User - and give him/her some roles from the list...

That's all (the roles in the list are comming from the whole list of the roles used in menu.config. So if you need more (or less) roles simply adjust menu.config and the list of roles will be also adjusted)

Enjoy Catharsis

Radim Köhler